Terms and Conditions
THIS AGREEMENT IS BETWEEN: THE OPERATOR (The motorhome owner) and THE HIRER (You)
1.YOUR CONTRACT WITH THE OPERATOR
By taking the hire vehicle you are accepting these terms and conditions. Please read this agreement carefully. If there is anything you do not understand or do not agree with, please ask Rennie Motorhomes.
2.BOOKING CONFIRMATION AND PAYMENT
An initial payment of £250 per hire week is required to confirm the booking, which is non-refundable. A binding contract for the hire will come into existence when Rennie Motorhomes issues your booking acceptance. The balance of your hire money is payable six weeks prior to the start date of your hire, or at the time of booking if you book less than six weeks from the start date of your hire. Rennie Motorhomes will accept payment by credit cards approved by us. When payment is paid by credit card, I agree that;
- Rennie Motorhomes is irrevocably authorised to complete any documentation and to take any other action to recover from my credit card issuer all amounts due by me pursuant to this Agreement, including but not limited to, any amounts due in respect to damage to the Vehicle or to property of a third party and all other additional charges as they are incurred (including all parking and traffic infringement penalties, road toll fines, London congestion charges, and associated administration costs);
- I will not dispute my liability to Rennie Motorhomes for any amount due under this agreement and I shall indemnify and keep indemnified Rennie Motorhomes against any loss incurred (including legal costs) by reason of notifying my credit card issuer of such dispute.
- I acknowledge that all transactions under this agreement are conducted in Pounds Sterling. Due to exchange rate fluctuations, there could be some variance between the amount initially debited against my credit card and the amount refunded within 7 days after the expiration of the hire period. I release Rennie Motorhomes from any liability for such variation.
All cancellations must be notified in writing to Rennie Motorhomes, but please call Rennie Motorhomes immediately to inform them as this will improve the chances of rehiring the motorhome. If notification of your cancellation is received more than six weeks before the start date of your hire you will be refunded in full less the initial payment (the deposit). If notification of your cancellation is received less than six weeks before the start date of your hire all monies paid and due are not refundable and you are still liable for any sums not yet paid. However, Rennie Motorhomes will do all it can to rehire the motorhome and if they are able to do so, you will be refunded up to a maximum of your total hire less your initial payment, subject to the amount Rennie Motorhomes is able to rehire the motorhome for.
4. COLLECTION AND RETURN TIMES
Unless otherwise agreed with Rennie Motorhomes, the motorhome will be available on the day of collection from the agreed location at 14:00 and must be delivered back to the agreed location by 10:00 on the last day of hire. The agreed collection and return times are part of your hire agreement. Late returns can have a significant impact on the next hire. If you fail to return your motorhome on time you will be liable to an extra charge, this will be £100 per hour late plus any additional costs incurred by Rennie Motorhomes as a result. There are no refunds for motorhomes returned early. The return time is that when the motorhome is to be handed back to the operator, emptied of your personal possessions and in the condition defined below. It is not the time when the motorhome arrives back at the operator’s location.
Occasionally motorhomes are not available as agreed, which is almost always due to events beyond the motorhome operator’s control (see below). If your booking has to be cancelled (which the motorhome operator has the right to do) Rennie Motorhomes will offer you the choice of an alternative motorhome or, if no suitable replacement is available, provide a full refund of all monies you have paid for your booking.
6.EVENTS BEYOND THE OPERATOR’S CONTROL
Unfortunately, events beyond the motorhome operator’s control occasionally affect bookings. When reference is made to such events in these Conditions of Hire, this means any event(s) or circumstance(s) which the motorhome operator could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Rennie Motorhomes cannot accept responsibility or pay any compensation, costs or expenses where the performance of your contract with the motorhome operator is prevented or affected or you otherwise suffer any loss or damage as a result of events beyond the motorhome operator’s control. This includes any delays to and/or restrictions to your hire to which you may be subject. However, if your booking has to be cancelled as a result, Rennie Motorhomes will offer you the choice of an alternative motorhome (if available) or refund as described above. We highly recommend that you take out separate holiday insurance to cover such eventualities.
Rennie Motorhomes have the right to refuse to hand over a motorhome to any person who, in the reasonable opinion of Rennie Motorhomes is not suitable to take charge.
The acceptance of pets in the motorhome will be by agreement with the motorhome operator. Some operators welcome pets and some do not.
Smoking is strictly prohibited in all the motor homes in the Rennie Motorhomes fleet.
10.BED LINEN AND TOWELS
Bed linen, pillows and towels are not provided with the motorhome as standard. If you specifically require these items or are travelling from aboard please enquire about availability.
You will have the vehicle for the rental period shown in the agreement.
a. You must look after the vehicle and the keys to the vehicle. You must always lock the vehicle when you are not using it, and use any security device fitted to or supplied with the vehicle. You must always protect the vehicle against bad weather which can cause damage. You must make sure that you use the correct fuel. You are responsible for any damage to the vehicle caused by hitting low level objects, such as bridges or low branches, or damage to any under body work .
b. You are responsible for the cost of recovery of the vehicle if it has become bogged or stuck.
c. You must not sell, rent or dispose of the vehicle or any of its parts. You must not give anyone any legal rights over the vehicle.
d. You must not let anyone work on the vehicle without the operator’s permission. If the operator does give you permission, you will only receive a refund if you have a receipt for the work.
e. You must let the operator know as soon as you become aware of a fault in the vehicle.
f. You must bring the vehicle back to the place agreed, at the time agreed and remain responsible for the vehicle until this time. The vehicle must be handed over to the operator following the Rennie Motorhomes standard procedures.
g. You will have to pay for repairs if:
- The vehicle needs more than our standard valeting (cleaning) this is charged at a rate of £50
- You have damaged the vehicle, inside or out
h. Before you bring back the vehicle you must check that you have not left any personal belongings in the vehicle.
13. CONDITIONS FOR USING THE VEHICLE
The vehicle must only be driven by you and any other driver named on the hire insurance policy, or by anyone else we authorise in writing. Anyone driving the vehicle must have a full valid driving licence. You or any other authorised driver must not:
- Use the vehicle for hire or reward
- Use the vehicle for any illegal purpose
- Use the vehicle for racing, pacemaking, testing the vehicle’s reliability and speed or teaching someone to drive
- Use the vehicle while under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Use the vehicle for towing
- Add a bike rack or roof box unless supplied by the operator
- Drive the vehicle outside England, Scotland and Wales, unless we have given you written permission
- Overload the vehicle
- Carry goods or baggage that cause damage to the vehicle
- Break the Highway Code, road traffic laws or any other laws
- If the vehicle is a commercial vehicle, use it for a purpose for which you need an operator’s licence if you do not have one.
14.CONDITION OF THE VEHICLE
Before leaving the rental location you will be required to proceed with a joint examination of the vehicle with the operator. Both parties will sign the vehicle condition sheet. You will return the vehicle in the same condition as it was provided at the start of the rental and the vehicle condition sheet checked and counter signed. The operator has a 24 hour grace period to note and further damage or items missing from the inventory; where this is the case you will be notified immediately.
Charges are based on Rennie Motorhomes price list at the time of booking. You will be charged for:
a. The rental and any other charges liable under this agreement.
b. A charge for any loss or damage to the motorhome (even if it is accidental or not your fault) this also includes windscreens, subject to the cover provided by the hire insurance. Security deposit is £1100 pounds and the Insurance excess is £1100 pounds.
c. Any charge for loss or damage resulting from you not complying with condition 12.
d. You must empty the toilet cassette and waste water tanks at the end of the hire period. There is a £50 charge for un-emptied cassettes and waste water tanks.
e. A refuelling service charge if you have used, and not replaced, the same fuel that was supplied originally. The charge is based on the cost of the fuel plus £50.
f. Gas is included, but should you need to replace an empty bottle during the course of your hire, this is your responsibility and Rennie Motorhomes will charge you the cost if we have to change an empty bottle, this is £25 per gas bottle.
g. All fines and costs (including court costs) for parking, traffic or other offences must be paid by yourself.
This agreement shall be governed by the law of Great Britain in which this agreement was made.
17.Release and Indemnity of Rennie Motorhomes
a.Subject to its obligation to deliver the Vehicle or an appropriate substitute vehicle, I release Rennie Motorhomes, its employees and agents, from any liability to me (regardless of who is at fault) for any loss or damage incurred by me by reason of this Agreement, including but not limited to:
i.Any loss or damage caused by breakdown, mechanical defect, accident or the Vehicle being unsuitable for my purpose;
ii.Any loss or damage to any property left in or on the Vehicle, in any service vehicle or on any Rennie Motorhomes premises or recovered or handled by Rennie Motorhomes.
b.Subject to any insurance arrangements agreed with Rennie Motorhomes, I hereby indemnify and shall keep indemnified Rennie Motorhomes, its employees and agents against any claims, demands and expenses (including legal costs) incurred or sustained by them or any of them by reason of my use and/or possession of the Vehicle
18.Responsibility when accident occurs
In the event of any accident, loss or damage arising out of the use of the vehicle, I will
- Notify Rennie Motorhomes within 2hrs of the happening of the event
- Obtain the names and addresses of third parties and any witnesses and report the event to the nearest police station;
- Not make any admission of liability to other parties, settlement offer or other like offer
- Assist Rennie Motorhomes in handling any claim arising from any event, including providing all relevant information and attending Court to give evidence.
I acknowledge that the excess or other amount due by me in respect of any damage arising from an accident, loss or damage is payable at the time of reporting the event and not at the completion of the rental period.
I will pay for any costs relating to the delivery of a change over vehicle as a result of an accident regardless of which party is at fault.