The road from Glencoe to Fort William is undisputedly one of the most scenic road trips Scotland has to offer, with breath-taking mountains and the grand, green woodlands of our high land.
At the foot of Ben Nevis, the UK’s highest mountain and perched lochside is award-winning caravan and camping park, Glen Nevis. This 1,000 acre estate is perfect for a family camping trip, relaxed weekend getaway or indeed an adventure holiday! You can hire a motorhome in Edinburgh and be in this beautiful part of the world with a 3 and a half hour drive through scenic country side.
Glen Nevis Caravan and Camping Park offers an array of facilities for you to make the best of your trip:
- Motorhome/caravan pitches.
- Electric hook-ups.
- Washrooms with showers.
- Washing machines, tumble dryers and ironing facility.
- Wi-Fi (£.15/hour, £5.00/day, £20/week).
- Restaurant and bar – Breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Snack van – Serving hot rolls in the morning and burgers and fish + chips in the evening time.
- Convenience shop.
- Children’s play area.
- Picnic tables throughout site.
Get in touch today. www.glen-nevis.co.uk/car
While nestled within Fort William you will not be stuck for things to do! On your door step you will find road & mountain biking routes, mountaineering and kayaking, white water rafting, scenic river rafting, canyoning and gorge walking!
Fort William is also a brilliant place to begin exploring the West Highland Way, arriving at Kinlochleven only 7 miles out of Glencoe!